Before you can submit Local Content for OverDrive to process, you will need to review and accept the following terms and conditions:
OverDrive, Inc. and Digital Library Reserve, Inc. (collectively "OverDrive") provide Authorized Users and Libraries of the system (collectively "Library") the ability to upload digital content for circulation in the Library's DLR collection.
Library represents that any digital content or materials including text, images, sound, and video (collectively "Local Content") that it deposits in its DLR account shall comply with the following terms and conditions:
- Library acknowledges that OverDrive does not review or evaluate the Local Content in any matter whatsoever, including subject matter, substance, or accuracy of the content.
- Library warrants and represents that it has the necessary ownership rights, licenses and/or permissions to deposit the Local Content into the Digital Library Reserve system. Library warrants and represents that the Local Content does not violate the proprietary rights of others, including but not limited to contract, copyright, and trademark. Library warrants and represents the Local Content does not contain matter which is libelous, slanderous, an invasion of privacy, unlawful appropriation of name, and likeness and defamation of character.
- Library acknowledges that OverDrive provides certain services for applying copyright protection for the Local Content. Library is solely responsible for designating any and all copyright protection settings applied to the Local Content. OverDrive makes no representations or warranties as to the effectiveness of any such software or services as applied to the Local Content.
- Library agrees to hold OverDrive, its agents, officers, and directors, harmless in any and all matters for any claims related to the upload, deposit, or distribution of Local Content in the Digital Library Reserve system.
- OverDrive, in its sole discretion reserves the right, without notice, to reject or remove any and all Local Content deposited by Library, if in OverDrive's sole opinion it reasonably believes the Local Content will expose OverDrive to any action, liability, damage, and/or potential exposure to third party claims.