Permission required: Weeding
You can weed titles to hide them on your OverDrive website.
To weed (or unweed) titles individually, follow the steps below. (You can also set up an automatic weeding plan, if you'd like.)
- Select Weeding from the Admin drop-down menu.
- Select Search collection.
- In the search box that opens, enter any search criteria for the title(s) you'd like to weed (or unweed), then click Search.
If you'd like to weed titles, make sure that your "Weed status" is set to Not weeded, so you're searching currently live titles. If you'd like to unweed titles, make sure that your "Weed status" is set to Weeded, so you're searching currently hidden titles.
- Place a check next to the title(s) you'd like to weed (or unweed).
- Click Weed Title(s) or Unweed Title(s).
- Select Confirm in the pop-up window.
- Weeded titles may take up to 24 hours to disappear from your OverDrive website.
- If you weed a title while it's on loan, the user(s) who borrowed it won't be able to renew their loan.
- When you weed a title, you'll need to manually remove any holds on that title. Users who have holds on the weeded title won't be notified of its removal.
- Unweeded titles can be weeded again by an automatic weeding plan (if they meet the plan's criteria).
- Advantage titles can't be weeded.