Permission required: Weeding
You can weed titles to hide them on your OverDrive website.
Follow the steps below to create a plan that automatically weeds titles based on your criteria.
- Select Weeding from the Admin drop-down menu.
- Select Create plan.
- Choose criteria to determine which titles to weed.
Note: Titles must meet all of your specified criteria to be weeded. For example, if you set your plan to weed expired titles and titles without active holds, titles must both be expired and have no active holds to be automatically weeded.
- Click Save, then Save this plan to confirm.
- Your plan will run daily and hide eligible titles within 24 hours.
- You can edit your plan at any time by selecting Edit plan.
- Individual titles can be weeded (or unweeded) manually.
- If you unweed a title, it can be weeded again by your automatic weeding plan.
- When you weed a title, you'll need to manually remove any holds on that title. Users who have holds on the weeded title will not be notified of its removal.
- Titles in an Advantage collection can't be weeded.